Phone: 802-325-3309 x 2
Office Hours:
Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. & 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Additional days as necessary during tax collection.

The town treasurer’s office is located in the village of Pawlet at 122 School Street in the historic Town Hall. Our office is responsible for maintaining the financial records of the town, school district and library as well as collecting taxes and paying orders drawn by the selectboard on town accounts.

Tax Bills Confidential: The Vermont Supreme Court has ruled that the property tax adjustment information on a tax bill is to be kept confidential and therefore is not a public record. The Town is now unable to give out tax bills containing income-sensitive information to anyone other than the taxpayer, without authorization from the taxpayer. The authorization form is available here: TaxBillAuthorization


Important update — When are taxes due?
Tax payments are due in two equal installments. This year, 2017, the payments are due September 20, 2017 and February 9, 2018. Tax bills were mailed out in July 2017; that is the only bill that taxpayers will receive. Please mark your calendars to remind you of your February 9, 2018 payment due date!

The tax rate has been set by the Select Board and is:
Residential – 1.3438
Non-residential – 1.5887

Are postmarks accepted?
Yes, tax payments in envelopes postmarked on or before due date will be considered timely. Note that dropping your payment in the outside mailbox at the post office the day taxes are due no longer means we will get it that day.

What is the rate of interest and how is it assessed?
Interest is charged at the rate of 1.5% per month on all accounts not paid on or before due dates.

When are taxes turned over to the delinquent collector and is there a penalty assessed?
Taxes are turned over to the delinquent collector the day after the final payment is due. An 8% collector’s fee is charged at that time.

Who do I call for delinquent tax information?
Kim Ayers is our delinquent tax collector. She can be reached at 518-321-2654, or you can call our office. The policy for collection of delinquent taxes is available here: Pawlet Policy for Collection of Delinquent Taxes April 2016.

Do you accept credit cards?
No we are not set up to accept credit cards.

Do I need to file my HS122 (Homestead Declaration) each year?
Yes. Vermont resident homeowners must annually file a Declaration of Homestead on their principal dwelling as of April 1, 2014. File online at

Do you charge for a copy of my tax bill?
If you come to get a copy yourself, no. We do charge others requesting copies.